Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I wonder if he ordered a Holy Bartender...

Incoming text message to cell: (6:56 pm): Guess who i saw last night at a bar
Message #2 (1:11 am): Jason lee
 
Okay, so these text messages (my first since 7/10) came to my phone from an unknown phone number.  I am not parrying these off as random calls (a la my "friend" Jack's father), but rather from a friend incognito in the NYC.  (Area code blows his/her cover)  I am almost sure these came from the prodigal roommate as well, but I cannot yet confirm.  Regardless, Jason Lee!  Definitely would make my list of famous people to meet in a bar.  While I trace these calls, here's my Top 5 Jason Lee Roles:
 
1. Brodie Bruce, Mallrats - "Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime."
 
2. Jeff Bebe, Almost Famous - "Yeah, come back here! I'm incendiary, too, man!"
 
3. Azrael, Dogma - "Oh no, I've seen way too many Bond movies to know that you never reveal all the details of your plan, no matter how close you may think you are to winning."
 
4. Daniel Zavitz, Enemy of the State - "F@&# a duck." (It's kind of his only line)
 
5. Banky Edwards, Chasing Amy - "This is all going to end badly."
 
Honorable mention goes to all those Cyclism commercials he did for OLN during the Tour De Lance...so the trace didn't work (stupid Attica).  So I am just going to have wait until Jason Lee text messages me to tell me who he saw at the bar...

6 comments:

Throckmorton said...

I know how to make a holy bartender. Ah, ha ha ha ha (evil demon laugh). Wholeheartedly agree with the top 5 Jason Lee roles, except I can't believe that you left out the guy from Heartbreakers. Don't play dumb with me, I know you secretly want to add that movie to your collection. What could be better than a movie with Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sigourney Weaver, Gene Hackman, Ray Liotta, and Jason Lee? I know, the incessant TBS commercials for it.
If you're ever able to find out which incognito friend spotted JL in the bar, ask the all important question: Was he or was he not sporting facial hair? I gotta know, the suspense is driving me crazy.

Chris Condon said...

Which with the facial hair? The incognito friend (roommate) or Jason Lee?

Chris Smith said...

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Okay, so I signed up. We'll see if I ever get around to making a blog or not. Actually I realized that I signed up a WHILE ago, but forgot. Oh, well.

Throckmorton said...

Point well taken re: the facial hair. Incognito friend and Mr. Lee should both remember the importance of keeping it trimmed.

Anonymous said...

Figure I'll maintain my anonymity in spite of my near-complete unmasking (who knew 347 was such an identifiable area code)? Speaking in the third person, Jason Lee was spotted by our intrepid roving blogger at a small Italian bar/cafe in the East Village called "A Place to Eat." Actually, Lee was spotted by a visiting cousin's boyfriend from Spain who doesn't speaka a whole lotta the Ingles, but correctly identified the actor from Chasing Amy. Lee was seated outside with a non-descript man and a skinny blond woman having drinks and bruschetta. He had a crew-cut and a close-cut full beard. The handsome young blogger sat down for a drink inside the bar, so he can say, without being a complete liar, that he had a drink with Jason Lee. Afterwards, Lee paid for his meal with a small pouch of gold dust, threw his remaining bread to a circling ptarmigan, and rode off down the street on a skateboard he pulled out of a sunburnt Russian man.

Beware the random text messager.

Snuffy2 said...

I'm Jason Lee