Friday, December 10, 2004

One Hundred.

That’s right. 20 weeks straight. 5 posts a week. You do the math.

Before all you cry out in disbelief, since my profile I think still lists me at 74, let me offer two lines of advice. First, screw the stats, and count them. There’s an even century there, and with one exception (which I made up for with an early 6-post week), I have gotten a daily diversion up every work day since July 27. Second, it just shows that my current
www.blogger.com walls can’t stop me, they can only hope to contain me. I’ve tried many difference topics and many different styles, but over the previous ninety-nine I’ve realized what the reading faithful want. It’s like that stupid AOL commercial where all the “members” show up at AOL HQ. The “You’re a Reader” base has come together and shouted to Condon up on his blogmountaintop in once clear and concise voice:

“Just bring the funny!”

And so that is what I aim to do. Day in, day out.

Anyways, below is a bit of a cleverly-wrapped nostalgia. For the 20 weeks, I have composed 20 killer questions of topics of yesterblog. Some are easy, some are hard. Some you may remember, others you’ll have to some research. Submit the answers to me via email at
condon@gwu.edu by Sunday night at midnight, and I’ll announce the winner Monday with the revelation of a sweet, sweet prize! Godspeed.

1. Which of my arch villains had given my superhero alter-ego trouble in the past few months? (1)

2. If Condon had his way, what occupation would he cross-breed with HR during his tenure as Chief Awesome Officer (1)?

3. Who “had drinks” with actor Jason Lee in a NYC bar, and thought enough to text message YAB shortly thereafter? (1)

4. Who is “Greenmonsters, Inc.” in reference to? (1)

5. Which U.S. President would make a great catcher for the Washington Nationals? (1)

6. How many superintelligent babies did it take to film the worst sequel to the worst movie ever made? (2)

7. Which is the only Major League Baseball team to not have a curse as an excuse for failure? (2)

8. What is the official mascot of the Electoral College? (2)

9. What is the current Vegas over/under line for Condon’s soda intake? (2)

10. If my Real Estate Summary workbook was to be named after a fictional tennis player, what its name be? (2)

11. Who was the sole casualty in George Lucas’ Trilogy DVD release negotiations? (3)

12. Name something else that Ig has wanted on YAB, other than pudding or touchdowns.(3)

13. Why must there be snow all year long in Canada? (3)

14. What cashier edict gave me fuel for the blog-ranting fire? (3)

15. What sound is made when a wily high school senior runs full-steam into an inanimate object? (3)

16. In the Maddengate conspiracy, which cornerback got called for a ridiculous pass interference penalty? (4)

17. What weapon did I use against Joe Brescia upon disagreeing with me about a certain movie remake that came out over the summer? (4)

18. If Liz and Spud were to, say, try and break into our apartment, what would their tool be? (4)

19. What basketball team is “next on the schedule” for my current collegiate home? (4)

20. What was the name of the post in which a paragraph was typed in such a manner that you would have to hold your laptop up to a mirror in order to decipher it? (4)

As for the second day of Xmas, I didn’t get to the mall last night. YAB, expect 2 gifts on Monday!

1 comment:

J-Vo said...

Just thought I'd blog in with the fact that I've only got 4 answers left to find! Ha ha!