Thursday, December 09, 2004

Under the Tree?

That's right e-shoppers, you've only got twelve more blogs posts courtesy Santa Condon before Christmas Day. Only a dozen more rantings/social commentaries/Redskins cheapshots before the big day. So surf away from this page! Go to your nearest online retailer, scour the virtual DVD racks, and be quick to purchase your favorite divertainment website a holiday gift!

(please?)

Okay, so since many of you don't actually buy presents for "non-living outlets for hilarity," I guess I'll have to retract the above intro. As is the spirit of the season to be charitable, but maybe donating movies to a url could be considered "a poor way to give back" this December. Instead, help out the Marines in their 57th time round the Toys for Tots program. Yeah, that's better.

Well, I guess if YAB is to get anything new for Christmas, it's going to have to be of the self-giving variety. Apparently, I've got some shopping to do. 12 days left? Someone should write a song about all of this-

(scans list of popular Christmas carols)

- eh, right. So, apparently someone has written a song about this. No matter, that just means that's one less thing I need to buy for the website. With 12 days left, I think I am going to add something new to the Blog each day in order to make not only YAB feel special, but to provide the reader with more reasons to in daily despite my erratic posting schedule. Over the last few weeks I've been all over the chronological map, and my publishers are confused to all hell. Well, now it's time to give back. 12 Weekdays of Christmas. 12 Awesome New Features. Simple.

"On the first day of Christmas, Chris Condon gave to me
some hyperlinks in a blog tree.
To kick things off, I present to all of you, (drumroll) MORE (more) THINGS (things) TO (to) CLICK (click) ON! (on-on) Since the YAB's inception back in July, I've left you with only four additional places to go to escape working on that spreadsheet or grading that science project or compiling that stack..err..i don't know...whatever Chris Smith does for a living. Well, on the right, now, you've got 12 links to kick off the holiday season. They're pretty random in subject, but I find myself typing them in most often when I'm staring at a blank input row on Internet Explorer. Enjoy.
This is just the beginning of the Christmas Joy, to be brought to you by all of me at You're a Blog.

No comments: