Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Upon Final Examination

Well, after months and months of waiting with bated breath, that special time is finally upon us. Specific music gets put into heavy rotation. Movies are on the television every night. Trees are cut down worldwide in order to create the season’s vital by-product. Cookies are baked at all hours of the night, and people everywhere are scrambling to get everything done in time for the big day. Authority figures compose lists of all the boys and girls who have done good and bad over the last semester. It’s December, and that means only one thing.

It’s Finals Time! (And there was much rejoicing.)

In honor of the first potential all-nighter of the season cramming cheer, I thought it might be fun to adapt one of our holiday classics and relate it to the reason for the season: THIS STUPID ACCOUNTING PROJECT. Enjoy.

Singing voices ready?

“Ac-count-ting the Project, was a slacker’s dream come true,
With a twelve page min., not including charts,
And tomorrow it is due,
Ac-count-ting the Project, should have been done months ago,
But the C-I-A whisked my life away,
I just wish time would go slow.
There must have been some secret in,
Doing this back when,
I had the time to do things, I’m
Against the wall again.

OH!

“Ac-count-ting the Project, really should not be that hard.
This is what I do for a living, you
Would think I am off my guard.

Crunchetty, crunch, crunch,
Crunchetty crunch, crunch.
Number crunching in a fix.
Crunchetty, crunch, crunch,
Crunchetty, crunch, crunch.
Sounds like an ad for Twix!

“Ac-count-ting the Project, will be turned in late tonight,
When I get out there, I will seize my chair,
Fall asleep, that is my plight.
Down to Alex-andr’a,
Where our class, it weekly meets,
But see what I do, I’ll confirm it’s true.
Ev’ryone is fast asleep.
I’ll turn it in when Prof says when,
And breathe sighs of relief,
With one less thing to do, I’ll sing
This stupid song, good grief!

OH!

“Ac-count-ting the Project, for this I deserve an ‘A,’
Now it’s off my chest, for I am the best!
Procrastination rules the day.

No comments: