Wednesday, August 03, 2005

This Blog is All-Inclusive

As I sit here crammed so close to my American Airlines window in Seat 28F, two things come to mind. First, it’s amazing how collected I can be when giant puffy white clouds of frightful doom are hurtling a mere eighteen inches from my head. If you stop to think about it, if my seat was installed on the other side of this industrial steel, it would be like Roger Clemens launching cotton candy from point blank range.

I was never a fan of carnival food.

Secondly, it occurs to me that in the whirlwind wedding weekend, the YAB Office has been a tad…empty. We’re talking tumbleweed empty. Yes, as the last five workdays transpired, and you made your way over to the best blog written by a guy whose name ends in –Hris Condon, nary a new post was to be found. Heck, I can’t even tell you what topic has been enjoying top billing for the fast week. Hope it was something earth-shatteringly important.

Who am I kidding? It probably was something as important as my musings on who would in a street fight between Captain Crunch and the Lucy Charms leprechaun. (Answer: military training is good, but it’s no match for the Fightin’ Irish.)

No, I was far away from YAB’s office with Katie on the sunny Caribbean island of Saint Lucia. Now I can’t recall studying much about St. Lucia, as I’m pretty sure she wasn’t around at the time of the Bible. But when it came to the meeting up in Heaven where God assigned who would be the patron saint of what and so forth, little Lucy must have gotten there early. After all, how else would she get to become the namesake of such a dazzling tropical destination?

Our resort of choice was Sandals. Perhaps you’ve seen their commercials on TV. There the ones for beachfront dining, picturesque swimming pools, lapping tides at sunset, and EVERYBODY IN NEON CLOTHING. First off, this is not why I picked this resort. Don’t get me wrong – I, like the rest of Medford Memorial Middle School, wore enough fluorescent apparel to blind oncoming drivers in the early nineties, but it’s safe to say I’ve outgrown said phase. No matter, really. Upon arrival, it was a relief to see that all other guests of the Sandals Regency in St. Lucia were not dressed to be seen from space, either.

Now here’s the reason you (assuming you are soon-to-be-married and have yet-to-confirm-your-own-travel-destination) should choose Sandals. A-L-L-I-N-C-L-U-S-I-V-E. Upon booking, I put my wallet away.

The meals were included, and they were quite good. The hotel room, and its fully-stocked bar was included, and short of some icy Gatorade, was more than satisfactory. Three-times-a-day room service for linens and cleaning – included. Drinks at every bar – yes, including those at which you must swim up to in the pool – were included.

Watersports? Yep.
Tipping the staff? You bet.
Complimentary pen and pad by the hotel phone? Oh, yeah!

Katie and I had a wonderful time on our honeymoon and would like to thank all of you for your friendship and support of our newly christened marriage. Who knows, maybe she’ll chime in from time to time here on the blogwaves. Well, it’s time to go – the flight attendant is coming by with the drink cart…

…and it’s included!

1 comment:

jasen said...

Welcome back! I don't know how I got through the week last week without YAB to pull me through... it was missed!