Monday, August 09, 2004

Keep on rockin' in the real world

Like Nat'l Lampoon should have been after 'Christmas', vacation is finished. My morning thus far...

6:04 am: Alarm goes off. 6:05 am: Alarm is turned off.

6:11 am: Alarm goes off. 6:12 am: Alarm is thrown off nightstand.

6:18 am: Alarm goes off, now on floor. 6:19 am: I roll out of bed. Now on floor.

6:25 am: Alarm goes off, time to make the donuts.

6:32 am: Shower still works, thank God. Part of the fun at the Random of Run is that every now and then the ceiling in the bathroom caves dues to water from the apartment above us. Hasn't happened for a while (~9 mo.) But it's started all over again. This comes with bad news and good news. Bad: it leaves plaster all over the floor. Good: When the maintenance people come to fix it, they have twice left one of their tools in our apartment. We now have a drywall saw and a wrench. We're hoping for a jackhammer, or maybe Craig Kilborn (both are reliable tools.)

6:38 am: Drying off with a beach towel. I put up my "Out of Shower" email response.

6:42 am: Turn on the TV to find Sports Center: Old School (hey, SBTB isn't on for 18 more minutes) Craig Kilborn is at the helm, alongside Dan Patrick, and he's annoying as ever. He just doesn't take it seriously. Too many jokes about being there to collect a paycheck. At least when he's on at night, I can switch to Conan. Right now, it's either Body by Jake or Mama's Family (Eyeush! I'll take the crab juice!)

6:53 am: Alright!!! I have a shirt that I don't have to iron!!!
6:54 am: Crap. It's my Flyers jersey.

6:59 am: Getting my shave on. Unconventional? Sure. Shaving in front of the television in order to get my sports news and highlights (I can't believe he just pulled out 'Jumanji' as a catchphrase. What's next? "Ohhh, Fall in line, Clinton Portis, or feel the wrath of 3 Ninjas!!!) is just part of the daily routine.

7:01 am: Saved by the Bell is actaully a Good Morning, Miss Bliss ep. I have better things to do than watch Nicki. Like testing to see if the toaster still works. With my hand.

7:12 am: Going to work, out the door, and back to the real world. Except the Junkies are talking about cicadas on HFS. And the billboard by the metro is still advertising Troy. Am I in a time warp? If that's the case, I think I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks...

8 comments:

Chris Smith said...

Hmm,

Given a choice between Good Morning Miss Bliss and Saved By the Bell, The College Years, which would you choose to watch?

Oh, who am I kidding? If they're released on DVD I'll buy 'em both (currently watching SbyB seasons 3 and 4 :))

Chris Condon said...

College Years. For the following 3 reasons.

1. Lasky is a much more interesting character than Bliss.
2. No annoying Bliss monologue.
3. Mike would have killed Mikey in a fight.

Sara is going to freak out from all this SBTB talk.

Throckmorton said...

How can you even consider there to be a choice between Bliss and the College Years? Let's see . . . annoying Haley Mills (don't get me wrong, LOVED Haley Mills as a child star - Pollyanna or The Parent Trap) or hot professor Lasky? Stupid curly-haired drama queen Nicki or stupid curly-haired drama queen Alex (no, wait, both bad). Throw in Jessie Spano and you've got a bunch of stupid curly-haired drama queens. I think that's discrimination! And why does Slater always date the curly-haired friend? Is there some rule that people with curly hair can only date other people with curly hair?
Man, talk about going off on a tangent. Anyway, College Years is clearly the superior of the two shows.

Chris Smith said...

But Good Morning Miss Bliss had that one episode with the singer that came back and stayed at Miss Bliss' place. Remember, Zack had a crush on her? That was a good episode.

Chris Condon said...

Yes, that was the one that was on this morning. Nicki is so freakin' whiny in that one.

Pop Quiz, Hotshot - What college does she want to go to?

Chris Smith said...

I have no idea. I'll guess UCLA. But that doesn't really make any sense since Good Morning, Miss Bliss was set in Indiana (INDIANA??) Neat how they just moved the entire school and principal to California.

Trip Thomas said...

I'm guessing she wanted to go to Harvard. People on TV shows always got into Harvard or Yale.

Chris Condon said...

Answer: Notre Dame