Monday, August 02, 2004

An Open Letter

Dear Ed Snider, Jeffrey Lurie, and Ed Wade,

I have been a lifelong fan of your highly respected sports franchises, and continue to support your endevours despite my recent relocation to the Washington DC area. And despite being two metropolises away, a ride up the interstate would not deter me to seeing the Flyers, Eagles, and/or Fightins' in action in their home arenas. However because of my distance as well as my income restraints, I would only to be able to afford the cheapest of seats, the longest of views, and highest of altitudes. Is there any way, in your infinite power, can you grant me a financial reprieve and perhaps, while you're at it, box seats? Otherwise, I shall see no sports forever.

Regards,
Chris Condon


So, you think this kind of letter might be a shot in the dark, do you? Well, sure, maybe in Philly, where getting even a free cheesesteak from one of those owners will result in the Eagles cutting a QB. (Sorry, Koy. Send my best to the fam.) (Stupid name.) But perhaps if this query was sent to an owner with a heart of gold (or at least diamonds on the soles of his shoes.)

My cousin, Danielle, wrote such a letter to Mr. George Steinbrenner, after her father suggested it would be the only way she's going to see a game in Yankee Stadium. Her wish was granted. This Thursday, they'll be sitting down low with the likes of Rudy Giuliani, Jeremy Shockey, and Billy Joel.

Of course, if I wanted tickets to Yankee Stadium, I have a contact on the inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(This is an anonymous post from Favid Deif)

Snider called me today at work looking for you. He said they needed a TE, but I told him you were playing frisbee at the beach this week. We had a hearty chuckle over your lack of manninity.

That's good blog,
Favid.