Monday, October 18, 2004

Billy Joel, sort of

Homecoming Monrovia
(a parody of Downeaster Alexa)
Music by Billy Joel
Words by Chris Condon

Well I've gone to Homecoming Monrovia,
And I'm cruising down I-95.
Actually, there's a whole lot of traffic.
Luckily, I convinced Dave to drive.

Looking forward to reliving days of yore
Once we hit our exit off I-64.
I'll stay at Powhattan for 20 bucks, that's right.
Oh God, I pray the hottub makes it through the night.

When I recall my Homecoming Monrovia,
Where I go to escape from D.C.
And the Cheese Shop is slightly expensive
As for waiting in line, that is free.

Got frisbee to play in every parking lot,
As for parking, well, six spots are all we've got.
That's not a problem, park your car at PBK.
I'll just park in fac/staff like back in the day.

The football game at Homecoming Monrovia,
Where you'll sit with alums in the stands.
"Oh my God! Haven't seen you in ages!
But I can't hear you over the band."

(instrumental)

One Accord's at Homecoming Monrovia,
Where we're asked to sing with the new folks.
But by singing they must mean percussion.
'Cause I'm sure "Tss-tss-cuh" aren't even notes.

I know that Sunday will too quickly roll around,
Have breakfast at IHOP, one last walk on campus grounds,
The weekend's over, and there's so much still to do,
There's always next year for the Class Two-Thousand-Two.

Yie-yie-yiiiiiiiiiie-yoh.

No comments: