Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Mid-Terminal

Alright, alright, the Oscars are over. Let's return to our daily attempt at some good, old-fashion funnybringing.

As I may or may not have alluded to, the Fantastic Four of Governor's Square - Chrispudaveberg - will be taking it to the streets of New Orleans this week. Seems like simple enough of a vacation to plan, right? I mean, spring break is coming up for all four of these post-grad lads? Why don't they just take off then for a few days of Cajun cooking and playing Marco Polo in the mighty Mississippi?
Call me Will Smith, 'cause I'm the Hitch in this.

Well, as you know, The Condon-patented "Twice the Work, Twice the Fun" Program requires all participants (read: just Condon) to take a full load of courses while holding down a full-time job. So, if the Fantastic Four (not coming to a theater near you) is to take off, then it looks like Condon will have to take off work for a few days. Done.


Nope, that's not going to do it...

Oh, right, the class thing. Looks like George Washington, aside from being a patriot and a President, also dabbled in the fine science that is meteorology. For while the founders of UNC-Chapel Hill and Vanderbilt may think spring falls in the first full week of March, Mr. Washington did not. Instead, he figured spring to be delayed by one more full week. (Strangely enough, his fellow statesman George Mason would have agreed with him, but that clever Cornelius Vanderbilt fellow convinced him it was this week. So impressionable, that guy.) And therefore, by majority rule, the trip shall not be during the spring break. No proble, Condon's felxible like Gumby. I'll just book a flight that gets me back by the time I have class on Wednesday. Double done.

Now what?

Let's see, I know I have not talked about my spring clourses yet here on YAB, so here's a quick analogy. My spring semester is not unlike Rice Krispies. My Information Systems should be a snap, Managerial Accounting is so boring that the professor crackles like static on a busted television, and if I don't keep up with the breakneck pace of my Saturday World Economy professor, my head is going to pop. Now just because a person goes on vacation every now and then, doesn't mean that their reliance on a healthy breakfast does the same. Therefore, even though I've jumped through the work and class hoops, I've still got to deal with the cereal of my life.

Three Exams. Four Days. D'oh!

Ok, in order to deal with the last monkeywrench in the toolbox (or zoo, depending on your preference), it's time to harken back to the days of William and Mary to figure out what Undergrad Chris would do at a time like this. Let's see, turning back the clock, we must find a similar situation where U.C. had a lot to do without a whole lot of time to do it. From what I hear, his pressure cooker writing sessions were legendary. The One Draft Wonder, he was known as in some circles. Quick with the keystokes, ready with results. Alright, now if we can get this time machine to work, I'm sure we'll see Condon punding away at the computer...

What? What's that?

Apparently the secret to the pressue cram apparently isn't the clock, or the class, or the climb to completion.

It's Wawa.

So as I study in the Terminal at BWI this week, let's hope that the Convenience Store King has found its way into the airport kiosk biz. Not that I'm worried, but that would rock.

2 comments:

Throckmorton said...

So the Fantastic Four. Let's see -Condon's "flexible like Gumby" comment makes him Mr. Fantastic. Thanks to a recent 3am smoke alarm incident, Spud claims the title of The Human Torch. Which means Dave and Nordberg get to fight over The Thing and The Invisible Woman. Hmm, who would make a prettier woman?

Piranha said...

Man, Bill and I went to a 7-11 tonight (he's a Slurpee addict), and it sucked monkey balls. I know there's no fabulous sandwich/deli section there a la Wawa, but can a sister at least ask for a decent chip selection?!? No Sunchips? WTF?!? It's times like this when I REALLY miss Jersey...